On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:08:04PM +0100, Daniel Hartmeier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:03:31PM -0700, Ken Gunderson wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, I patched ftp-proxy for reverse and have it up and running.
> > Question is, how robust is this?  (am wondering why it was not merged
> > into 3.2).  Can anyone comment on security/performance comparison
> > between ftp-proxy reverse and alternative solutions such as jftpgw?
>
> I haven't used jftpgw myself, but it serves about the same purpose, I'd
> say. It also supports sftp, which ftp-proxy doesn't.

pureftpd has the required feature to use the external address in-band.
I use it here heavily, and I have checked the chunks of code I use (base and
ldap-auth; didn't bother to check mysql auth and the other stuff I don't even
compile in; I trust it. Well, as long as you don't use the virtual chroot
stuff. Didn't check it, but that gives me a bad feeling.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Dennis Ritchie)