On Saturday, Jun 14, 2003, at 13:52 US/Pacific, Michael Purcaro wrote:

I've been using OpenBSD 3.3 release with great success to do redirection
from external and internal IPs to internal IPs. I've been using TCP proxying
as noted in the FAQ.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to correctly
redirect requests from the firewall box ITSELF.

i.e., while working on the firewall box,

# telnet my.domain.name 80
Trying a.b.c.d...

Telnet can never connect. Doing the same thing on a computer in the internal
network works fine. Of course, using the internal IP also works perfectly. I
have played a bit with additional rdr rules in pf.conf, but I haven't found
the right one yet. I guess it is an issue with my pf.conf rules and the way
things are ordered on the TCP stack (and the interface being used)? Any
hints would be greatly appreciated! :)

Yes, this can get a bit complicated. There's a flow diagram at http://mniam.net/pf/pf.png Since routing is handled mainly by the usual kernel processing, it's already too late for that when it's heading out on an interface.

But, if all you want is that domain name to work, why not just add an
entry to /etc/hosts on the box?