On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Jedi/Sector One wrote:

>   What is the highest safe value I should raise NMBCLUSTERS to on x86? How
> many states max will it keep?

We're running an X86 box with 512MB ram, nmbclusters = 8192, nkmempages =
81920, and a state limit of 1000000. In testing I got up to about 1.3mil
states before it died. I don't think you'll get any higher than this, as I
recall at 1.3mil the kernel was using something like 480MB. Adding more
physical memory actually decreases the amount of usable kernel memory...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]