* John Ricardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-03-11 06:02]:
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Can you shed any light on my other question, namely (quoting myself):
>
> "So with fully-specified service curves, does HFSC as implemented here
> in fact superimpose CBQ-style hierarchical priorities ontop, or do the
> service curve specifications somehow mean that also giving "priority"
> doesn't makes sense?"

priority still makes sense. priority mostly influences latency, the
service curve specifications throughput. of course they are not
really independent from each other.

hfsc with only the linkshare sc defined is like cbq.
the realtime sc set a lower limit, and the upperlimit sc ... well,
guess.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Dennis Ritchie)