I just realized I sent this email to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list by mistake
this morning, forgive the crosspost please

This is a copy of that mail.

Greets

Dell 866MHz 256MB RAM

OpenBSD 3.8 beta snapshot, or 3.7 GENERIC or 3.5 GENERIC
All three have shown me the same problem.

Three interfaces rl0, rl1 are the internal and external bridge
interfaces, the bridge works just fine on all three OS versions.

FXP0 is the logging interface to a log box.

I have read what there is regarding dup-to and know it is straight
forward, obviously I'm missing something. I also learned that log-all
is now log (all). Not yet in the FAQ.

After not being able to dup-to on the snapshot I thought maybe there
is an issue with it so the other two releases were tried with the
same result.

As stated the IPless bridge works fine ( otherwise you wouldn't be
reading this email).

Here is the simplest form of what I now have.

int_if = "rl1"
ext_if = "rl0"
log_if = "fxp0"

pass in  on $ext_if dup-to $log_if all
pass out on $ext_if dup-to $log_if all

I have tried pass quick on each interface and on and on and on.
rdr works great, it's seems I have missed something in dup-to.

TCPdump shows that nothing is hitting the log interface, connectivity
to the log box and back is fine so it would seem that it must be in
regard to something I am missing (other than sleep I must say)

Each setting produces the same result on any release.

Is this not a simple operation regarding rules?

I have a lot of firewalls running all over the countryside so I have
done numerous detailed setups but have never setup a logging system
like this that I can remember.

Suggestions

Thanks

Bob