On 6 jan 2006, at 19:48, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

Johan Torin wrote:
On Friday 06 January 2006 04:30, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

Coming from FreeBSD's ipfw2, I've been accustomed to having a timestamp (ie: ipfw -t) that allowed me to measure "hits" on a given IP/ block/rule.

This isn't available with PF (though I think it would be a good idea).

I maintain (as an example) a couple of tables that include spam IPs and other IPs that have been identified as mischievious. I'd like to track hits to each entry so that I can determine if a record is stale, needing
to be pruned from the growing list.

What is the best way to accomplish this with PF?

Thanks.

I think ExpireTable [1] is what you are looking for. It's available
from (atleast) OpenBSDs portstree.

[1] http://expiretable.fnord.se/

/Johan

Thanks for the reference.  Useful utilities there.

I neglected to mention that I'm using FreeBSD-6 -- so I'm not sure these will compile out-of-the-box.

I think expiretable compiles more or less out of the...uh...tarball.

Should even be on its way into the FreeBSD ports-tree as well. See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?m=113666890618724 && http:// marc.theaimsgroup.com/?m=113672366014337

Tableutil is already in there somewhere.

// Henrik Gustafsson