On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 12:59:41AM +0100, Jonas Davidsson wrote:
> Pf does not seem to allow UDP packets destined for port 0 out, TCP packets to
> the same port pass without problems.
> If nothing else, this breaks nmaps os-detection mode.
>
> with 'pass quick on em0'
> [send_ip] sendto: No route to host
>
> with 'set skip on em0':
> ICMP Port Unreachable from ip=192.168.1.10
>
> Is this intentional and if so, why?

  there are a couple 'uh.uh_dport == 0' tests in net/pf.c....

  as to why?

  a little googling around and the most appropriate post i could
  find was a netbsd post from itojun [1] in which he asks
  about the behaviour of dest port 0 being interpreted as
  undefined.

  don't know if this is a good match for the reason, but
  it seems plausible.  might find some info in libsa/net.c
  too, but it's a bit too rich for my blood in there.

[1] - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2000/01/08/0000.html

--

  jared

[ openbsd 3.9-beta GENERIC ( jan 30 ) // i386 ]