On 5/28/06, Karl O. Pinc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is this the right place to ask this question?

Yes.

Is this the way it's supposed to work or am I missing something here?
(Id be happy to supply pf.conf but AFIK the queue layout is all
that's relevant.  Some of my rules are just "pass on $if" rather
than "pass in on $if", could that possibly make the outbound
traffic affect the bandwidth computations borrow uses??)

This is a misunderstanding based on the #1 FAQ.

Queues are _only_ on outbound traffic.

Queuing on inbound makes little sense, as the packets have already
crossed the wire, so there's not much impact on the bottleneck (the
wire) by dropping or reodering them once you've received them.
Processing the packet is fast by comparison.
--
Scientia Est Potentia
Security "guru" for rent or hire - http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-