Oops!
I forgot to say that I'm using OpenBSD 3.9 i386.

Thanks.

Federico Giannici wrote:
I have read a lot of past emails about HFSC and I have cleared myself a lot of doubts.

As I understand it, with HFSC the "bandwidth" parameter is simply a default for the "linkshare" one (if not specified or set to 0).

I have seen examples where "bandwidth" is not specified because the "linkshare" parameter is used. But I wasn't able to parse any configuration without explicitly specifying the "bandwidth" parameter.

For example the following configuration give me an error:

altq on fxp0 hfsc bandwidth 10Mb queue { main other }
queue main hfsc( linkshare 1Mb )
queue other hfsc( linkshare 1Mb default )

Am I missing something or the "bandwidth" parameter is always mandatory?

Thanks.

    __
   |-                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]