On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 10:22:53PM +1200, Russell Fulton wrote:

> I take it from the silence that the answer is that pf lacks this
> functionality at the moment.  Bother :)

Yes, that's correct.

> What would the overhead be of setting up  a queue for every source
> address (1024 of them) ?  Will this impact performance?

I think the maximum number of classes is 256 for CBQ and 64 for HFSC,
see sys/altq/altq_cbg.h CBQ_MAX_CLASSES and altq_hfsc.h
HFSC_MAX_CLASSES.

You can increase those, it looks like the worst effect is that the
list/array is traversed linearly, so 1024 would be four times as costly
as 256, i.e. I'd expect acceptable.

Daniel