Motherboard: "Ted Cruz is Trying to Sabotage the Internet's Governance
Transition"

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/internet-takeover-ted-cruz-icann

        Cruz justifies his position by extolling the virtues of the
        "open internet," which Weinstein finds laughable given the
        Texas lawmaker's fierce opposition to net neutrality, the
        principle that the internet should remain free, open, and
        accessible. "It's ironic that Ted Cruz is waxing eloquent on
        the Senate floor about internet freedom, when he is vehemently
        opposed to net neutrality, and has taken the dominant ISPs'
        view that they should be allowed to control what Americans
        see," Weinstein told Motherboard. "Americans don't have to be
        concerned about foreign countries censoring the internet, we
        have to worry about people like Ted Cruz censoring the
        internet."

 - - -

--Lauren--
Care About Science and Tech? Our Job One: STOP TRUMP:
https://vortex.com/stop-trump
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!