EFF battles misleading, sloppy, secret FBI warrants aimed at the Internet
Archive and CREDO

http://boingboing.net/2016/12/01/eff-battles-misleading-sloppy.html

        The Electronic Frontier Foundation has disclosed that it has
        won two key victories for clients who'd received the FBI's
        notorious, gag-ordered National Security Letters -- a form of
        secret warrant that has become the go-to way for law
        enforcement to avoid scrutiny since the Patriot Act's passage.
        One of EFF's clients was the Internet Archive from whom the
        FBI was seeking information that Archive didn't have
        (something that should have been obvious before the warrant
        was issued), and which was accompanied by misleading
        information about how and whether the Archive could challenge
        it.  The other client was CREDO, a community oriented mobile
        carrier, who fought its NSL for three years with EFF's help.

 - - -

--Lauren--
REPORT Fake News Here! - https://vortex.com/report-fakes
CRUSHING the Internet Liars - https://vortex.com/crush-net-liars
STOP President Trump - https://vortex.com/stop-president-trump
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!