The violence in Virginia is irrefutably rooted in racism

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-charlottesville-racism-trump-20170812-story.html

        The violence in Charlottesville, Va., on Saturday at the
        "Unite the Right" protest against the proposed removal of a
        statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee was irrefutably
        rooted in racism, and bore disgusting echoes of Nazism. For
        evidence, look no further than the Hitlerian "blood and soil"
        and "Jews won't replace us" chants during a pre-protest rally
        Friday night by a Tiki torch-bearing parade of overwhelmingly
        white men.  And to erase further doubt, former Ku Klux Klan
        leader David Duke watched the violence unfold Saturday and
        declared that the white supremacy movement -- which is what he
        represents -- was at "a turning point." Added Duke, "We are
        going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That's what we
        believed in. That's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he
        said he's going to take our country back."

 - - -

This holds true even if we leave out the car attack, the details of
which are still not known.

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com