'Absolutely No Link' Between YouTube Attacker And People She Shot, Police Say

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/04/599415999/absolutely-no-link-between-youtube-attacker-and-people-she-shot-police-say?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

        The woman who opened fire on YouTube headquarters Tuesday,
        wounding three people before apparently killing herself, had
        "absolutely no link or relationship" with anyone on the scene
        of the shooting, police said Wednesday. Rather, law
        enforcement noted that "she was upset with YouTube."  "We've
        determined that right now, that's the motivation that we've
        identified," San Bruno, Calif., Police Chief Ed Barberini said
        at a news conference Wednesday. "Whether that rises to the
        level of terrorism hopefully will be determined in the next
        couple of weeks."  Barberini added that the shooter, whom
        police have identified as 39-year-old Nasim Najafi Aghdam, had
        registered the semi-automatic handgun recovered from the
        scene. Investigators have also learned she stopped in at a gun
        range Tuesday morning.

 - - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren