On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Pawel Hadam <had...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have also installed "pgadmin4-1.6-x86.exe" on Windows 10 PRO (AMD
> FX, 6 cores, 16 GB RAM, SSD) and tried to run it. After 1min 58 sec I
> got a message saying "The application server could not be contacted".
>
> pgAdmin 4 v 1.5 was starting successfully in 55-60 sec. before I did
> this installation. Nothing else has changed, just reinstalled pgAdmin.
>
> Anybody had the same error and any ideas what's wrong?

One change in 1.6 was that we use 127.0.0.1 as the server address instead
of 'localhost'. That was because we found that resolution of 'localhost' to
an address can actually be quite slow on Windows in a Qt app. Do you have
any kind of unusual network setup where 127.0.0.1 wouldn't work? E.g.
*only* IPv6?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com