Andreas Pflug wrote:

Dave Page wrote:

There is a new wxWindows tarball on Snake:
http://snake.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxwindows/wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010
-8.tar.bz2

[ I didn't build it for debian at the moment... I was working on Solaris port. ]

This version includes Andreas' recent patch to fix the crashing HTML
Help under GTK bug.

I had some feedback from wx about this. This problem is corrected in wx cvs head, thus as soon as we upgrade our snapshot we don't need my fix any more. At the moment, I don't see a reason why we should upgrade (Maybe the upcoming solaris port will need this? How is the status?)

Hi Andreas, Dave this time it's my turn to sorry to be late :)

so here it is:
I succeeded only today in building wxwin on solaris here are the requirements and the configure line as a reminder for me and other helpers:

The products I used as prereq are these, I compiled them from scratch although some of
them may already be in Solaris 9 (listed by build order, all were configured with
default ./configure --prefix=XXXX):
tiff-v3.5.7.tar.gz
pkgconfig-0.15.0.tar.gz
glib-2.2.3.tar.gz
pango-1.2.5.tar.gz
atk-1.2.4.tar.bz2
jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
libpng-1.2.5.tar
gtk+-2.2.4.tar.bz2

Here is the trick for wxWindows as of 20031207 cvs snapshot (http://wxwindows.sourceforge.net/snapshots/wx-cvs-20031207.tar.bz2) :

../wxWindows-20031207/configure --enable-permissive
--prefix=XXXXwhatupreferXXXX --disable-largefile --with-gtk
--enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode --enable-debug --disable-shared
--disable-dialupman

I had to disable dialupman because it was giving a cast build error between a wxString and (char *) on line 719 [strstr arg #1] on dialup.c. Hope it's not a requisite for pgAdmin3 build...If it is one, I'll try to overlook how to bypass the problem.
I'm not sure the --enable-permissive is really needed but in doubt we will keep it for the moment...

I'll try a build of pgA3 until the end of the week or the beginning of next week. Do I need to port actual wx patches to get pgA3 to build... If I remember well it's an obligation concerning some pieces of the "notebook" or something like that.

Another thing, I hope people can wait a bit concerning debian wx snapshots (it should be ready until the end of the week), I'd prefer to concentrate my efforts on solaris port actually.

Regards,
Raphaël <subliminal>*MULE_INTERNAL* ;p </subliminal>

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])