Dave Page wrote:

Yes, but to do that (properly) I need to produce the tarball first. That's the best way to ensure consistent releases. Or are you saying that we ignore consistency in this instance?

I don't understand the problem. The binary is for pginstaller only, and its supporting files (languages) might differ slightly from the official pgAdmin3 beta release (if we allow it) which we wouldn't publish and announce until cvs is tagged.

The version number of pgAdmin3 that's included in pgInstaller should reflect that it is functionally identical to pgAdmin3 Beta1.

How should this affect consistency?

Regards,
Andreas