I've spent several hours now to get the beast compiled, still no go. It's a nightmare I don't like to spend more time on.

Dave, if you succeed hacking something workable that doesn't try to call more core pgsql includes from somewhere (!), commit it. Note: pgsql copied stuff should go to src/db, not utils. Actually, I doubt that the psql way is desirable at all. Instead of constantly accessing the db for completion candidates, using pgAdmin's object tree as cache should be the way to go.

Regards,
Andreas

      match