Dave Page wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Di Geronimo Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 21 February 2006 03:03
To: Andreas Pflug
Cc: Dave Page; pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Query tool results in grid

This problem is partly alleviated by handing the double

timing display,

Not really. This is *the* major issue on the query tool.

Huh? I said speed is the problem, for which the timer partly helps by
seperating the query/transfer time from the display time. What are you
saying is the problem?

Hm, apparently we have the word omission issue again...
IMNSHO the timing issue isn't really allevated, but remains as the major issue.

*How* that is implemented is another issue. I suspect that Andreas means
he wants it encapsulated into ctlSqlResult, overriding the existing data
population methods, rather than an extra layer of complexity between the
data retreival code and ctlSqlResult.

What I mean is:
Recoding ctlSqlResult based on the current wxGrid seems a waste of time to me. We're currently using wxGrid for View Data, and have enough problems with it to get its in-line editing to work. Marking for copying appears still non-flawless to me too.

While it certainly is a good idea to have a super ctlSqlResult2 or something, based on wxGrid2 or whatever, that's capable of handling all our needs for View Data or the Query Tool, the current base classes don't seem appropriate.

Regards,
Andreas

              http://archives.postgresql.org