OK, got it working - I hadn't SVN updated to get your fix from yesterday
(sorry).

So currently:

actionFactory works exactly as contextActionFactory should, adding menu
items to the Tools menu (under the appropriate sub menu) and items to
the context menu, either directly if there is only one, or under the
submenu if more than one.

contextActionFactory does all of the above, but also adds additional
copies of each menu item to the root of the context menu so you end up
with:

Contextmenu
  -> Submenu
    -> Foo