Hi Dave,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Muhammad Aqeel
> <muhammad.aq...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I tested the build after your commit. There were minor bugs in your
> changes
> > which prevented the packaging of pgadmin4 sources.
> >
> > - It needed a space after * in recursive include statement of
> manifest.in
> > - \n is not interpreted as new line.
> >
> > I fixed both issues in attached patch and tested the build. It is working
> > fine now and pgadmin4.egg-info/SOURCES.txt showing no .pyc file and
> > pgadmin4.db file in it.
>
> Weird - as discussed, I tested it thoroughly before committing and it
> works fine.

PFA the new patch which contains following changes.

- It just replaces the @echo to @printf in your changed line to fix the
issue. I tested it on both Linux and OSX. It is working fine.

- In your commit you had changed 'PGADMIN_DIST = dist' to 'PGADMIN_DIST =
build'. dist directory is generated by pip setuptools to have generated
wheel file so it is needed. I made it again 'PGADMIN_DIST = dist'. If you
don't want to remove it in clean-pip target then you can remove the rm
command from clean-pip target.

- In case user runs make twice without cleaning the source it was copying
the web directory to existing pgadmin4 source directory. I fixed this issue
too.

> Testing with this patch though, I see the original problem (and also,
> so warnings - can you check them please)?
>
> (pgadmin4)piranha:pgAdmin4 dpage$ git reset --hard
> HEAD is now at dc64160 Add a top level Makefile with a target and
> appropriate Python stuff to build a PIP package of the web code.
> (pgadmin4)piranha:pgAdmin4 dpage$ make pip 1> /dev/null
>
> /Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py:285:
> UserWarning: Normalizing '1.0.0-dev' to '1.0.0.dev0'
>   normalized_version,

It is an issue with PEP440 which interprets version as integer and if sees
any string in it, it tries to normalise it. Here is the link which explains
it.

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/issues/302/setuptools-8-strips-leading-zeros-in

It is coming with Python 2.6 only. With Python 2.7 and above it is not
there.

> package init file 'pgadmin4/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)

This is because in web directory we don't have __init__.py file.

> warning: manifest_maker: standard file 'setup_pip.py' not found

setuptools by default look for setup_pip.py file in current directory.
Since we placed this file in pkg/pip (according to your suggestion) this
warning is coming.

> warning: build_py: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.
>
> warning: install_lib: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

I have not faced this issue but following link suggests a solution for it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7194299/cannot-create-new-virtualenv-in-lion

It says "Setting export VIRTUALENV_USE_DISTRIBUTE=1 fixed the problem."