On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:22 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> *>No - if you switch on "Show system objects", it will display system
> objects such as row  *
> *>types. That's the whole point of the switch (which is off by default). *
>
> *Except that "system objects" are NOT USER tables, views, indexes, etc.*
>
> *They are _system_ catalogs and views;*

Not in nearly 20 years of pgAdmin history they haven't been. We've always
classed them as system catalogs etc. *and* objects that are implementation
details of higher level objects.

> *Your definition is a behavior change from PgAdmin III, which DID NOT show
> *
> *every "system object" per your definition". It only showed USER types as
> per*
> *my query.*

No it didn't. See the attached screenshot.

Why would you force objects like these to be permanently hidden? It's quite
reasonable to want to see them - they can be quite useful when writing
stored procedures that deal with rows for example.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company