First, please note that PgAdmin4 is just an interface to PostgreSQL, so it is
very helpful if you state the actual version of PostgreSQL and O/S you are
working with.IE: SELECT version();

>Can the column headings be taken from the first line of the csv file?
Yes.

>Additionally, I have tried to do this with smaller number of columns with
>CREATE table but the column headings appear in a different order to what is
>in the csv file (that cannot be edited

What you are trying to do can only be done with a SQL statement (IE: Query Tool)
So you need to specify the actual columns and order you will be providing.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-insert.html

EG:
CREATE TABLE many_col (
a integer,
b varchar(10),
c text,
d varchar(5),
e integer,
f text,
CONSTRAINT many_col PRIMARY KEY (a)
);

INSERT INTO many_col
( b, c, a, e)
VALUES
('first b', 'first text value', 1, 11),
)'secon b', 'first text value', 2, 22);

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

    On Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:06:49 AM EST, TedJones