Hi

Clicking top-left corner (aka "Select All") does work on my Win10-64
laptop, at least for tables with a few 10-thousands rows. Haven't tried
with e.g. 5 or 10 million (I suspect that might take considerable time, so
I'm not sure if Dave's suggestion to increase the ON_DEMAND_RECORD_COUNT is
ideal).

That said - why not add a "go to row X" field and add a "go to end row"
button? Pretty standard stuff....

Regards
Calle

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 17:31, Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Rob Richardson <interrob...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you, but that did not work.  I am running pgAdmin 4 on a Windows 7
>> box, executing the file pgAdmin4.exe in my c:/Program Files
>> (x86)/pgAmin4/v3/runtime folder.  Should config_local.py be a copy of
>> config.py except for the record count value, or should config_local.py just
>> contain the one line?
>>

> It only needs to contain one line. Copying config.py isn't a good idea as
> it's contents will change when you next upgrade.
>

>> On Thursday, August 9, 2018, 10:27:21 AM EDT, Dave Page <
>> dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Rob Richardson <interrob...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> In pgAdmin 3, if I select a table with a few thousand rows and then click
>> the Edit button, I get a grid of data and a vertical scrollbar.  If I drag
>> the scrollbar's thumb to the bottom of the bar, I am taken to the bottom of
>> my result set and the blank row where I can add a new row if I want to.
>> But in pgAdmin 4, the scrollbar's parameters are only calculated on the
>> basis of some subset of the rows in the table.  So, I drag the thumb to the
>> bottom of the scrollbar, the selected row goes to some random row part way
>> down the grid, the scroll bar's parameters are recalculated, and the thumb
>> jumps up to somewhere around a third of the way up from the bottom.  If I
>> drag the thumb down again, the process repeats.  I don't know how many
>> times I have to do that to get to the bottom of the grid and the blank row,
>> since I've never had that much patience.  The only way I can get to the
>> bottom is to select some random cell and then hold down the Page Down key
>> until I get there.
>>
>> Is there some way I can get the scrollbar to behave the same way it does
>> in pgAdmin 3?
>>

>> Create (or edit if it exists) a file called config_local.py in the same
>> directory as config.py (normally $INSTALLDIR/web). Add the following line
>> to it:
>>
>> ON_DEMAND_RECORD_COUNT = 10000000
>>
>> Restart pgAdmin.
>>
>> That will adjust the number of records retrieved at any one time to 10
>> million, effectively disabling on demand loading for tables with < 10M
>> rows. Of course, you can adjust that number to something lower (or higher)
>> if you prefer. The default is 1000.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedb...@gmail.com