Hi

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 19:21, <frank77-postg...@spamfreemail.de> wrote:

> Am 22.02.22 um 10:25 schrieb Dave Page:
>
> Hi
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 17:57, <frank77-postg...@spamfreemail.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I installed pgadmin4 using "pip install" on a 64bit Raspbian system.
>>
>> Everything worked well, except for the error message when trying to
>> authenticate to my Postgres server on the same machine.
>> (...) The app boots up fine, and I can access it using a web browser, and
>> log in fine.
>> Only actually logging into a Postgres server fails. (...) But I have
>> libpq 14 installed and not libpq 10:
>>
>> pi@raspberry64 $ dpkg -l|grep libpq
>> ii  libpq-dev                          14.2-1.pgdg110+1
>> arm64        header files for libpq5 (PostgreSQL library)
>> ii  libpq5:arm64                       14.2-1.pgdg110+1
>> arm64        PostgreSQL C client library
>>
>> What am I missing? And how can I fix this? (Except changing the auth
>> method serverside, which I would like to avoid)
>>
> It sounds like psycopg2-binary on your machine is including an older
> version of libpq - though on my rpi it doesn't include any version which is
> quite odd (as that's the whole point of the -binary version).
>
> You could try "pip3 uninstall psycopg2-binary && pip3 install psycopg2"
>
> Hello Dave,
>
> that was it! Thank you!!

You're welcome - glad to hear it works.

> Can I help document this somewhere?
> I didn't find any mention of this situation anywhere in the existing
> documentation.

Right - we wouldn't document bugs in packaging of third party components
typically; we'd work to get them fixed (or build a work-around into our
code if that wasn't feasible).

Probably the best thing you could do would be to log a bug on the psycopg2
project: https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com