On Fri, 2 Sept 2022 at 06:13, Akshay Joshi <akshay.jo...@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:

> Hi Edson
>
> pgAdmin 4 uses CodeMirror to write/show SQL queries. It is not possible to
> plug an external formatter at the moment.
> Can you please create a feature request so we will check the feasibility?

I can't imagine it would be that hard - the formatter is a 3rd party Python
library anyway; we just feed the current contents of CodeMirror to it, and
then replace it with the text that comes back.

Having pluggable formatters does seem like a nice idea. All we'd do is pass
the text to an external process and then grab the results (presumably
through stdin/out), through pretty much the same mechanism (just replacing
the existing Python call to the formatter).

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com