Hi

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 1:23 AM, stancs3 <scruis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't take my note as complaint; you guys are a tremendous asset
> to the pg world. pgadmin3 has been brilliant for me.
>

> This is my 4th attempt to install and launch pgadmin4.
>
> I started with a clean VM Fedora 25.
>
> I installed the pgdg yum repo.
>
> I installed pgadmin4-v1. No issues.
>
> I followed the notes on pgadmin 4.1.1 Documentation Getting Started,
> created config_local.py.
>
> The stuff below is what happened.

Note that the RPMs are still a WIP at this point, but...

> ran python setup.py  - fail. (note, the clean install put it in
> python3.5 - why are we seeing 2.7 below?)
>
> python setup.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 21, in <module>
>     from flask import Flask
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/__init__.py", line 17,
> in <module>
>     from werkzeug.exceptions import abort
> ImportError: No module named werkzeug.exceptions

Presumably "python" on your system points to a 2.7 interpreter. You
should try "python3 setup.py" or whatever is appropriate.

>>> I had manually installed Flash due to a previous error, but the
> above then occurred.
>

> ran pgAdmin4.py  - fail.
>
> [xxxxxxxx pgadmin4-web]$ ./pgAdmin4.py
> ./pgAdmin4.py: line 12: $'This is the main application entry point for
> pgAdmin 4. If running on\na webserver, this will provide the WSGI interface,
> otherwise, we\'re going\nto start a web server.': command not found
> ./pgAdmin4.py: line 14: import: command not found
> ./pgAdmin4.py: line 15: import: command not found
> ./pgAdmin4.py: line 19: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> ./pgAdmin4.py: line 19: `root = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))'

You need to run "python3 pgAdmin4.py" as there's no hashbang line in
the script (which was intentional, but I don't suppose it would hurt
to add one).

> I tried simply launching the executable in the run dir, but it could not find
> pgAdmin4.py. I altered the .ini file to point exactly to the dir where
> pgAgmin4.py is, but same error.

The .ini file is for configuring the desktop runtime. It won't have
any effect on the Python code.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com