Hi Neal,

this is indeed a missing feature - the only available workaround is
thei clip marker paths thing. There is a feature branch which will
support layered graphics; it will also address this issue (at least to
some extend). I hope to be able to include that feature branch into
the next release (which will come in the next weeks).

If you are willing to experiment with the unstable version, let me
know - I plan to create some kind of beta in the next days.

Best regards

Christian