I am setting up PGpool with PostgreSQL 9.0 using streaming replication. I want
to use PGpool to load balance between the live database and the hot-standby. The
two Postgres servers are running on their own machines and PGpool is running on
it's own server. I think I have everything set up correctly.

On the PGpool machine, I try to run: psql -p 9999

I get the following error:

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I can run all of the pcp commands except for pcp_systemdb_info where I get the
EOFError.

There must be something simple that I have missed.