JinNet Picker wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to take Database backup. I use this
command.

# ./pg_dump -U username -cif filename.sql dbname

Its exporting, but in the Log, its giving like

"LOG:  out of file descriptors: Too many open files;
release and retry"

Can anybody tell me what is this? And what i have to
do clear this out??

Try the pg_dump option "-F t". It will create a single tar file that pg_restore can use.

./pg_dump -U username -ci -F t -f filename.tar dbname

Greg

-- Greg Spiegelberg Product Development Manager Cranel, Incorporated. Phone: 614.318.4314 Fax: 614.431.8388 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Technology. Integrity. Focus. V-Solve!