On Friday 06 January 2006 11:21, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> HI,
>
> is there a site where we can see all technical papers that postgresql
> is based on?
> i mean algorithm and other stuff related...
>
> if not is worth the effort to maintain such a site?
>
> some of us live in countries where this kind of info is very difficult to
> get...

There isn't one single place to look, but the three places I would look are
http://techdocs.postgresql.org (techdocs site, little long in the tooth but
hopefully will be revamped soon), the developers section of the main website
(http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding), and I know there are some links
within the code to technical papers that could be worth investigating. If you
want to go farther back you can do some searches on POSTGRES (the original
system from berkely), Stonebreaker, and perhaps some other keywords mentioned
in the history (; http://www.postgresql.org/about/history). those should
bring back some relevant ideas though the code is probably written from that
time.

--
Robert Treat