Hi there

I've had a serious problem at a client's site where we were called in to check our app based on postgres that wouldn't start. After Norton 360 was installed, the source of the problem was located at the /data directory having two missing sub-directories
/pg_twophase
/pg_tblspc

how could these get removed? is it possible (or likely) for a crashing postmaster to trash these directories? Assuming Norton has come down like an anvil on postgres, would it cause damage to the install like this? Unfortunately, we can't say it definitely was Norton, because we got involved in issues there at the eleventh hour.

Any ideas guys? - We have hundreds of users running postgres on windows servers, if they are going to get fragged like this by Norton ,we need to warn them all ASAP.

Kevin