Hi,

We are running with postgres sql 7.3.2. We were trying to create an
index on a big table. The create index command ran for nearly 5 hours at
which point we decided to interrupt it. Since this was interrupted, any
operations attempted on the table on which the index was being created
gives following error in pgsql log:

LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphor
es

LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2009-10-16 10:44:54 BST

LOG:  checkpoint record is at 150/71A0C0CC

LOG:  redo record is at 150/71A0C0CC; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 1757299460; next oid: 43508941

LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 150/71A0C10C

LOG:  redo is not required

LOG:  database system is ready

Any idea what this means and what we need to do to resolve access to
this table again? We can see the next oid number increases over time.
Access to all other tables in the database is fine. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Neha.