On 10/08/2011 4:07 PM, Mridul Mathew wrote:

Does PostgreSQL make a distinction within Unicode in a similar fashion?

No.

We have not tested our Oracle al32utf8 databases on PostgreSQL, but
while creating databases in PostgreSQL, we see UTF8 as an option, but
not al32.

al32utf8 is Oracle specific and doesn't seem to be defined anywhere else.

What _application_ _level_ impact does this have for you? What changes do your apps expect to see in their use of or communication with the database?

I strongly suggest that you _test_ this in Pg and see.

--
Craig Ringer