On 3/30/12 12:14 PM, Bernhard Schrader wrote:
> i hope this will help you.

Thanks Bernhard, I'll check the thread right now. In the meanwhile I've
noticed this strange behavior too and I was already going to post it,
maybe it's related to what you're suggesting:

# df -h /var/lib/postgresql
/dev/md_d0            128G   44G   85G  35% /var/lib/postgresql

# /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
 * Stopping PostgreSQL 9.1 database server
   ...done.

# df -h /var/lib/postgresql
/dev/md_d0            128G   36G   93G  28% /var/lib/postgresql

so, with Postgres shut down, numbers get back to make sense to me.

--
Alexander Fortin
http://about.me/alexanderfortin/