On 04/25/2012 10:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Kevin Kempter<cs_...@consistentstate.com>  writes:
I can scp files between the servers
Really?

$ psql -h 192.168.1.125
psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
Because that is not a Postgres problem, that is a network connectivity
problem.  I'd bet that there's something wrong with the VM
configuration, such that the VM host isn't connecting 192.168.1.* in one
VM to 192.168.1.* in the other.

                        regards, tom lane

Scientific Linux turns on the firewall by default. It lets me scp via username & passwd but wouldn't allow the port 5432 tcp connection till I disabled it. I like Scientific because it seems that they are a large team and as a project seem to have better long term viability than other RH based projects but a couple of their defaults drive me nuts. Like this one, and the default install of yum-autoupdate