* Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 04/25/2016 09:27 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:
* Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Christian Ullrich
<ch...@chrullrich.net> wrote:

Just noticed something. This DLL detection by name has never worked in
debug builds where the DLL names end in "d". Is that important?

That's an interesting point.  I guess our release builds are never with
debugging info - but could it make the buildfarm "wrong"?

What if both are present? Is a release build prevented from loading a
debug dll and vice versa?

Debug and release are simply two separate CRTs. If your process contains a module that needs the one, and another that needs the other, you will have both loaded at once.

I had hoped they might share state, but they don't, at least as far as putenv()/getenv() are concerned.

Alternatively, can we detect at compile time if we are a debug build and
if so add the suffix?

No; same reason as above.

--
Christian