On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 6:22 PM Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> writes:
> > On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 02:59:18AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> >> I believe a more appropriate statement would acknowledge that at least
> some
> >> values undergo an explicit-style conversion to an integer.
>
> > OK, how is the attached patch?
>
> "and" is not an improvement over "which".  Otherwise seems OK.
>
> (The proposed patch for generic subscripting will probably need to
> rewrite this completely, but for now this is an improvement.)

I was going to add that maybe we should link to the round(dp or numeric)
function in the documentation and let it be explicit about the rounding
rules pertaining to half - which when I look isn't actually documented:

round(dp or numeric) (same as input) round to nearest integer

Maybe everyone just knows that rounding, unless otherwise stated, rounds
halves away from zero but it doesn't seem like a bad idea to be explicit.

David J.