Hi Alvaro,

I am new to PostgreSQL and still in the process of getting familiar with
the workflow.
Please let me know if I am missing something?
My understanding was based on:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

Submitting patch updates

When submitting a new version of a previously submitted patch, you should
do a few additional things:

   - Uniquely identify the new version. You can use git format-patch -vN,
   incrementing N each time; or you can add an incrementing numerical suffix
   manually. Using the ".patch" extension allows some reviewers to more easily
   read it in their email client/code editor.

   - Make sure it's easy to find any earlier discussion of the patch, by
   providing Message-Id-based links to the mailing list posts
   <https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/>. Don't expect that
   everyone will still be able to find previous submissions on their own. You
   can usually get the message ID of your email by looking for the header
   *Message-Id* in your email client. Try *View message source* or *View
   original* if it's not obviously visible.

Regards,
Rajie