On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM, <robin...@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Could you include in this documentation possible problems and fixes to this
> because I can&#39;t find any.

​tl;dr - the documentation is not a good place for such content.​

​It would be helpful if you'd get diagnostic help on the -general mailing
list first.  If, after you figure out what the problem and solution are,
you have an idea as to how to improve the documentation (or wiki, see
below) you should then submit said recommendation or update the wiki as
appropriate.

The ability to envision possible problems is a limited ability and given
that your particular complaint seems infrequent on these lists its quite
probable that even if we had such a section (especially given the
assumption that we'd start off documenting problems with pg_dump instead of
some other aspect of the application suite) that your specific
cause/solution would not be covered.  Plus, frankly, the documentation
doesn't go to any great efforts to deal with run-time environment problems
(and its update schedule is not really suited for such).  A more
appropriate forum would be our wiki.
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Main_Page

David J.​