On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:25 AM, <j...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-prepare.html
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-prepare.html
>
> The first example:  I&#39;d like to see Hunter&#39;s Valley in the execute
> line as
> escaping isn&#39;t mentioned on the page or its links.
> Just a suggestion to help us beginners understand how things work.

‚ÄčThis is one of hundreds of documentation examples that include literals.
Why is this one special that it needs to provide an example of a literal
containing ‚Äča single quote that requires escaping?

The SQL Command section of the docs properly presumes the reader has
significant familiarity with writing SQL queries in PostgreSQL and is
looking either for understanding what the different kinds of commands are
or, more commonly, needs a refresher as to the exact syntax for less often
used commands.

More precisely, the vast majority of the docs assume you've read "Chapter
4. SQL Syntax".

David J.