One way I have approached this problem is:

1) Use PgAdmin attempt the change.

2) Examine the error report PgAdmin displays that identifies which dependent
views are preventing your progress.

3) Wrap your original DDL from step 1 within the DROP and CREATE DDL associated
with the closest dependent view.

4) Return to step 1 and repeat until step 1 succeeds.

With multiple iterations of this procedure, you will incrementally grow a DDL
script that drops dependent views in the correct order, eliminating
dependencies, and then recreate them in the proper order, respecting
dependencies.

When this procedure got old, I started using a script created using pg_dump and
pg_restore, as initially outlined here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/55c3f0b4.5010...@computer.org

and with a correction noted here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0456dfda-4623-1331-7dca-e3cff914357b%40computer.org