On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Abhra Kar <abhra....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I want to get postgres connection in script file. I am executing
> below command and successfully getting connected ---
>

> psql postgresql://$USER:$PASSWORD@$HOST/$DATABASE <<END

If all you are going to do is substitute environment variables into a URI
why not just identify the environment variables that psql uses directly,
set those, and call "psql" directly.​

select * from abc;

> This is executing with default 5432 port.If postgres is installed to any
> other port then port option need to be include here[Don't want to take port
> from .pgpass file].

​You couldn't even if you wanted to.​  Did you maybe mean the
.pg_service.conf file?

You should strongly consider using .pgpass instead of "$PASSWORD" -
especially depending upon where perform the export.

> How I can modify this command with PORT option.

​
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING

​David J.