On 04/24/2018 11:41 PM, Mohsen Bande wrote:
Hi all,
I have a user table with ~8M records, with different type of fields b-tree indexed.

Could we see table schema and index statements?

by investigating index sizes, i found two strange things:
1- all index sizes are almost the same, regardless of field type (boolean, string, bigint)

What was the command you used to determine the sizes?

2 - all of them are much bigger that my expectation, e.g. for a boolean field, even after reindexing, the size is 217MB, so each record takes ~27 bytes.

could some one shed some light on this please? or refer any user oriented documentation about index size estimations

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com