On Apr 27, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Guyren Howe
<guy...@gmail.com<mailto:guy...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Apr 27, 2018, at 8:45 , Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
<bob.basq...@ci.stpaul.mn.us<mailto:bob.basq...@ci.stpaul.mn.us>> wrote:

Just chiming in  . . . we’ve taken a somewhat different approach and actually
encourage our programmers to build out thier own DBs.  We’re using Postgres to
aggregate many varied datasources into postgres as a cahing system, and then
develop against this aggregated data.  Yes, we understand that the realtime
stuff is a laggy process.  The intent here is to give the programmers a
background in DB operation and performance expectations, especially since we
primarilry build for Web Use.

I’d love to see a blog post about this.

Me too!! :c)   It’s funny you mention this, I’ve actually been experimenting
with different Blogging tech for just this purpose.  Not sure when something
will pop out the other end though.  :c)

bobb

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance
in the rain."
- Vivian Greene