On 05/24/2018 07:11 AM, Karthick Damodar wrote:

Please reply to list also, more eyes on the problem.
Ccing list.

Adrian,

Thanks for your response. So I need to install  Perl version 5.24 it seems.
Since I could have installed EDB package. Let me try this one.

I have not used the EDB installer in some time, but as I remember it the Language Pack installs Perl(along with Python and TCL/TK) for you. In fact if I remember correctly it will only work properly with its own installed languages. You do have to configure it after install:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/10.0/Language_Pack_v10/EDB_Postgres_Language_Pack_Guide.1.09.html#

Will get back to you in case of any queries.

Thanks,
Karthick

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.kla...@aklaver.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:31 PM
To: Karthick Damodar; pgsql-gene...@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Extension/Language of plPerl in PostgreSQL

On 05/24/2018 06:31 AM, Karthick Damodar wrote:
Hi Team,

I had tried to install "*plperlu"* extension in PostgreSQL 9.5 and
PostgreSQL 10. But I am returned with an following error message,

ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/lib/plperl.dll": The specified module could not be
found.

SQL state: XX000.

*Note:* I have installed *ActiveState(Perl)* in my local system and
environment variables are assigned properly.

Even I tried in slack community and googled for this issue, but didn't
get a proper solution.

Please let me know the solution for this as soon as possible.

FYI, following is the specification of the packages I installed,

1.ActivePerl 5.26.1 Build 2601 (64-bit) - Perl

2.pgAdmin 4 v3, pgAdmin III 1.20

3.PostgreSQL 10 and PostgreSQL 9.5

4.OS Windows 7 professional 64 bit operating system

Assuming you are using the EDB install see:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/10.0/Language_Pack_v10/EDB_Postgres_Language_Pack_Guide.1.02.html

Thanks,

Karthick

Aspire Systems

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade
secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com
[Aspire Systems]

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or
distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com