On 06/05/2018 04:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Benjamin Scherrey <scher...@proteus-tech.com> writes:
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:12 AM, Christophe Pettus <x...@thebuild.com> wrote:
Not at all.  The need for a CoC is not theoretical.  Real people,
recently, have left the community due to harassment, and there was no
system within the community to report and deal with that harassment.

I keep hearing this claim. I've followed up and tried to verify them. Sorry
but "trust me" doesn't cut it here any more than "trust me this will make
Postgres go faster" would on a code change. What's the context for this?

You want us to name names?  I've tried to leave specific peoples' names
out of this; I don't think it would be helpful to them to dredge up old
wounds.  And I'm quite sure they wouldn't care to be contacted by
somebody trying to "verify" things.

+1, this is ridiculous.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****