On 06/12/2018 10:14 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

I haven't really been keeping up with what is happening in the PG world - now I have an old Discourse DB that I want to extract some of the categories and topics from to insert into the current setup.  What I was wondering is if anyone has developed software in recent years that can look at the DB as a whole and automatically make sense of how all the tables relate to each other - assuming a sensible naming convention has been used for IDs etc - and allows one to browse the tables easily without having to manually type lots of SQL statements.

There are but the paragraph below seems to indicate you want something else.

Discourse now has a utility for exporting and importing to do this sort of stuff but I don't have a running setup for the old data - just a data dump . .

So you want a tool to look at a data dump and build SQL?

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Adrian Klaver