From: Rijo Roy [mailto:rjo_...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 11 July 2018 14:30
To: srkris...@yahoo.com
Cc: pgsql-gene...@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Extremely slow autovacuum:vacuum to prevent wraparound

No, I have  3 sessions of autovacuum against 3 tables which is doing a Vacuum
to prevent wraparound as it hit the limit of autovacuum_freeze_max_age of 2
billion.
I also have a vaccumdb session which is invoked by me on these tables which is
currently in paused state. So, I want to know whether I can kill the autivacuum
sessions which is running since 5 days and extremely slow and just run a manual
vacuum against these tables instead.

Is your autovacuum_freeze_max_age really set to 2 billion? The default value is
200 million. Setting it that high and disabling autovacuum isn’t just silly -
it borders on sabotage!
I’ve used pg_cancel_backend() (NOT pg_terminate_backend()) on autovacuum jobs
before without issue.

Good luck!

Steve.