Hi

> I was trying to get postgres to warn me that I'm referencing a table that
> it doesn't exists inside a function so I was told on the IRC to check the
> setting "check_function_bodies", however when I use it in a plpgsql
> function it doesn't actually check if the tables in the body exist. Is this
> the correct behavior?
>
> Example:
> http://paste.debian.net/1037080/

It is expected behave. PL/pgSQL checks immediately only syntax of embedded
SQL. With this design plpgsql functions are not too sensitive on objects'
dependency. You can use reference on temporary tables what usually doesn't
exists in plpgsql validation time.

For deeper check you can use plpgsql_check
https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_check

It does almost all possible static checks.

Regards

Pavel